Πέμπτη 30 Ιουνίου 2011

This week...

Haven't been able to write here for a few days, but it sure was fun!

A lot of things have happened and I don't think I'll be able to write everything down but at least, I remember the basics!!!

Sooooo...the previous week I had the chance to finish my photography sessions with our first photographer.
I learned a lot of stuff, something really amazing considering that it was only two days.

I also had the chance to visit the Market of Al Khalili.

So...at the market of Al Khalili I got a nice gift for my mother (allow me not to say what it is) that cost me 350 L.E.
After a while I found out that it's actual praise is 150 L.E. so, along with an Egyptian friend, I returned to that place and got 200 L.E. back!

And then I visited a mosque.Truly amazing.
A peaceful place to sit and relax, quietly so not to disturb the prayers of the Muslims.

And then came the spectacle! I went to a show performed by mevlevi dervishes!

Truly spectacular and amazing!
And free!!!

After that, I had a felucca ride in the river Nile...
That's the true meaning of calmness, considering that you're surrounded by a city of 17 million people.

Next day, I think, we had a session about the revolution.
An activist and co-founder of the 6th of April movement talked to us about the revolution, how everything was planned, the way it was implemented, the reasons and the results.

Next highlight of these days, has to be the amazing film-making session. Although our instructor told us that this day was the Ugly Day, I really enjoyed it.
I sometimes think that I must stop my studies and fully occupy myself with film-making... At least it makes me happy. But any way...
That day, our new roommate arrived, from Kazakhstan.

Yesterday, we were supposed to have a second session but it was cancelled because of the events that happened in Tahrir square.

So I spent my day at home.
But my night was different.
Omar, an Egyptian AIESECer, took me and few other people, to a mountain, from which we could see a great part of Cairo... It was different and similar to other cities I've seen from above...
Nice and interesting.

After that, we went to taste Egyptian sweet delicacies. I tried Kuskusi ( I'm sure I spelled it wrong but anyway) which I should say was good...I just didn't like...too dry for my taste...

After that we went to Tahrir.
We found another activist of the 6th of April who talked to us about what was going on.
After a while we heard the firs shots of tear gas, so we left Tahrir.

That's all for now!

See you soon...I hope ;)

1 σχόλιο: