Σάββατο 18 Ιουνίου 2011

How to eat hamaam

Got up around eleven ready to update my blog...and the other guys told me that there was Arabic lessons in the old building of AUC, which is in Tahrir square.

At first I said I would not go, but finally I decided to go.

So I ended up riding the Egyptian metro for the first time!
It was really different. There is no A/C but fans, and the windows have shutters!
The rails are still under development, something easily understood by the constant bouncing of the train. And many stations were also under construction.

While riding the metro, there were some fellows that took real interest to my two roomies from Hong-Kong. They started taking pictures together while trying communicating in English.

After few minutes we were at Tahrir square. A lot of people had gathered there, as every Friday, to celebrate about the January Revolution.
We found the entrance to the AUC and entered... after a security check!

The lesson was fun and we actually learned quite some useful stuff. Now it's time to study!

After the lesson was over, we had to go to the celebration of the 25th anniversary of the AUC.
But before that, lunch!

We went to a restaurant called "Felfela", of which I had heard before.
I had actually read about it, in the Blue magazine, given by Aegean airlines.
I remembered the recommendation it had about the Stuffed Pigeon, or else hamaam.

Here comes the highlight!
I ordered all by my self!

In Arabic!
Wahed Hamaam we wahed Pepsi.
It tasted good, but given the fact that there was no much meat in it and the time and trouble it takes to eat it...well, I don't think that'll I'll be ordering that again soon.
The other guys, and by that I mean all the interns in my projects, which count up to 15 people, ordered a lot of different things which I got to taste.
One thing is sure... you got to be a fool to eat Fuul :P

When we were done eating, we tried to go to the celebration...
But we missed the bus, so after some time waiting, that is about an hour, we ended up in a nice bar.

And it was quite expensive, since everyone had to get an order of at least 50 L.E.
That's around 7 Euros, so I guess it was worth it :P

After that we got home, and headed for the bed...

And now, one questions:
How many Continents are there in the world?

3 σχόλια: