Τετάρτη 15 Ιουνίου 2011

Lunar eclipse in Wonderland

Waking up around 5 o'clock, telling the mexican guy (Ivan) to close the shutters...and one of them broke and started a great fall from the sixth floor!
Luckily, Ivan grabbed it and in same time I jumped next to him and pulled it inside...some way to start the day.

Around 11 everyone woke up and started our day...with a near-explosion expirience!

Someone left the boiler on and is ready to explode! Steam and water where puffing out!
I unplugged it and turned on the hot water, just to relieve the pressure...it worked but now it's dripping...
And we cannot flush the toilet...
And there is no tap water in there...

We hope that soon everything will be fixed...

After that, I took a shower and put on some clothes...
It took me a while to realize that I had forgoten my belt in Greece..well, can't do anything for that now..

Anyway...we took off around 13:00 to explore the area, get some breakfast and things for home...

The Pakistani, Zohaib, said we should go to Wandermall to get stuff, a new belt for me, and breakfast...

We walked...
and walked...
...
still walking...

And we found  a Vodafone!!!

That's how I returned to (social) life!
I got internet (you know, that little USB sticks) for about 30 euros and I am sharring it with Ivan.
Ringo and Stan (the guys from Hong Kong) took another one...

After that we got to a burger place, in which I got a pepsi because I felt the first signs of dehydration...It kept me for a while, but I started to Feel a little Dizzy until we got to the mall...Later on we learned that the true name is Wonderland.

Anyway, we got there, got some food, burgers with fries and a coce for 3-4 euros, and then I got a new belt...I think that the guy there ripped me off, since I didn't bargain, but still it is cheap for greek prices ;)

After that, we bought some stuff for home (and a hand soap, which I still cannot find).
We took a taxi home which was supposed to have a meter, but the taxi driver said it was broken.
After a long search for our street (noone knew the place) we got home...and I experienced the Pakistani proving his bargaining skills!

That happend around 15:00.

At 18:30 Lina, the girl responsible for the project, was supposed tocome and take us to go to a place, we where not sure where it was...

And she came...at 20:30 with a girl that just arrived from Poland!

We went to the house of the man that will arrange all the trainings for us and also give us few lessons as supposed by the program.

We watch the Lunar Eclipse, from the roof of is house, where I met many interesting people!

I met every intern in my project and also a ship engineer that was in Greece for 3 years adn spoke some greek. He know works in Egypt for Vardinogiannis.

Everyone had brought some food along, so we ate a lot of different stuff, fron pizzas ( I am living the diversity)  to Hong Kong food (told you so).

After the eclipse, while the party was going to an end, they put some big rags on the roof...and around 30 to 40 muslims started praying!!!

It's the first time I see something like that happening live, less than two meters away!

Really nice experience...

After that we came home and here I am!


So, because I had some fun today I'll give you the results of a research I did about the classification of driving behaviour.
And the results are:
Expert driver
Good driver
Medium driver
Bad driver
Average greek driver
Crazy driver
Average Italian driver
Dangerous driver
Average Bulgarian driver
Video-game-like driver
GTA driver
Fast and Furious driver
The Dukes of Hazard driver
I don't care about my life driver

Empty spot

Average (ok every) Egyptian driver!

2 σχόλια:

  1. Αυτό το σχόλιο αφαιρέθηκε από τον συντάκτη.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. HAHA very funny post aggoure! I loved the classification of the drivers!!! haha
    So jealous of you I can keep writting until my fingers bleed! Enjoy it while it lasts because it will be over before you know it!

    PS: btw if you need consolidation ask and you shall receive, :P and some greek(tha eisai k upeuthinos consolidation tromara sou/s'agapw)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή