Τρίτη 21 Ιουνίου 2011

Back in black

Quite a few things here kept me busy, so I couldn't update my blog. Those of you that were disappointed by that, I have a solution for you! Go to Syntagma square or any big square in your city and join the people!

Anyway...I finally had my transition as Media Manager of the NSTs 11-12 which was actually quite (over 9000) effective!

Next day was more interesting (for you people).
I just roamed around Nashr City (this is where I live) and ended up with Zohaib (the Pakistani guy people, plz pay attention) to a Christian church, which we couldn't understand whether it was Orthodox or Catholic. After that, we found another mall, that's about 30 minutes walk from our place, in which we did some ice-skating.
I'm happy to announce that I didn't fall, and considering that this was my second time in three years and I was almost all the time holding on the railing, it was a great achievement!
Later on that day, I showed to my roommates almost every roll call I knew. For non-AIESECers to witness something like that in their living room, they took it rather well. Now I have to teach them some!

Next day (that's Monday 20th of June for all those that don't pay attention) we had the opening ceremony of the project "Explore Egypt".
Forty four interns, from all over the world.
The ceremony was pretty nice, considering what happened near the end.
I was almost randomly picked to share my experience so far in Egypt!

I got up, said some nice things (all recorded to camera) and repeated myself for almost five minutes.
People applauded me, mostly because I told them to.
After that I left with my friend Ezz, who had his birthday, and went to a fancy Gaffe, in which there was a group of people practicing shooting...
Together with us, were about 10 previous AIESEC Leaders, and a current VP and LCP.
It was really a nice experience talking to these people, although it could have lasted a little longer.

After that, I was reunited with the other interns, that went on a place to see belly dancers!
Well there was only one belly dancer, and she had too much belly to be a dancer...

But it was fun.

Next day, we had our first photography lesson!
It was a nice way to realize that your camera is kind of crappy. But if you get the right angle, and tinker with every option on the camera, you can get some quite decent pictures.

After that, we went to Heliopolis, which is a district around half an hour walk from the place we were in, and had an hour to do our assignment, which was to take some specific pictures.
We split into groups and roamed around Heliopolis.
I made it just in time, to take all the necessary pictures (I hope), before my camera went out.

After that we had an one-hour "ten-minute" walk towards a pasta restaurant, which actually proved to be quite good and really cheap! I paid 2,5 euros for one big plate of spaghetti and a coca-cola!

After that some of the interns went to Old Cairo while the rest went to a photo gallery.

I had some work to do, so here I am at home!

Soon I'll go out with Ezz to Argyro's place.
Can't wait.



And a treat for you, for reaching almost a hundred!

3 σχόλια:

  1. That's so...YOU! :P
    I can clearly imagine you in front of everybody speaking (fast) English! :P
    IDOL!!!
    Keep posting my friend..keep posting!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. I love your blog...I want to live this experience tooooooo....!! AND I WILL. :D

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Aggouros...i hope you are permitted to advertise...or else this post will be blocked in our country due tue copyright infringement! :P

    oh, and by the way...i guess you are a gifted photographer...can't wait to see some artistic Aggouros photos!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή