Κυριακή 24 Ιουλίου 2011

A week before the end...

Hey people!

I haven't been around for quite some time, because of two reasons...I had stuff to do and I was too bored to update my blog.

Well...first thing I should say is that I din't go to the Azhar park nor the Cairo Museum.

But I went for sand-boarding...
We went to Sahara along with people from Sahara Safaris, an organization that has been helping our project.

We reached our destination around 22:00 at night...it was full moon so we could clearly see without the use of any artificial lights...of course when in desert there are not much to see, by default.

Close to our little settlement, were some sand hills...
After a quick meal, we took the sand boards and headed towards them...

At first I should say that I was scared to try sand-boarding, a fear quite justified given my experience with similar activities...or any activities that require balance...

But there was no chance I would miss the opportunity to surf on the sand...who knows...I might never be given the chance again...

So I took the sand-board...and I went straight down the hill...
And I did quite well!

I didn't fell, and the only mistake I did was when I was almost at the bottom, that I didn't handle well my board and it was covered with sand...
And then came the hard part...climbing up the sand-hill...let me say that again...SAND-HILL.

I don't want to talk about that part of the trip...it ruins the good memories!

Around 3:30 I decided it was time to sleep...
So I left the hill and headed towards the settlement, along with Zohaib.
We were a little after the middle of the way back, when he realized that he forgot some stuff up the hill. So I stopped and waited for him to come...

You know,when we first entered the desert I thought it was like the sea...endless...

While I was waiting for Zohaib, I found one very important difference...no, I'm not talking about the lack of water...
It was really quiet.

I have been to many places,but this one was the most quite of all.
I could hear nothing...
Truly amazing...
When Zohaib approached me, I told him to sit and enjoy the calmness of the place...that led to a nice discussion about Pakistan...It's funny to think how many Pakistani immigrants are in Athens, and how little we know about Pakistan.

After some time we decided to sleep.
But I couldn't sleep because of the mix of sand and moisture.
Yes,around 4:30 in the morning it becomes really foggy and the moisture levels increase...it was not that cold, but still annoying.
And also Zohaib's snore...but let's ignore that...

Next morning we did a little more sand-boarding which led to that awesome picture:
(the picture was taken almost when I reached the end so I had to bent backwards)
(have you realized that I will now post a picture? Show some excitement!!!)

Very artistic, don't you agree?














Anyway...
Around 9:00 we left because it was getting unbearably hot.
I was also full of sand and sweat, a combination that I hate...
 Well,reaching home was a pleasure!

After that great trip...nothing!

We were just sitting around, something that caused great disappointment to many interns.
So I sent an e-mail describing the whole situation to the VP ICX.
Next day we had a meeting and everything came back to order...with an unexpected announcement.

We were going to organize a photo exhibition!
And I was chosen to be event manager because of the management skills I had gained through my AIESEC experience.

So here we are...many preparations are made about the event, more to follow the next days...

Stay tuned for more...And there is a high chance that the next post will be from Greece...

Have fun!

4 σχόλια:

  1. Wonderful Experience :-O Come on you have uploaded only one photo and is so cool, so artistic indeed :) Who managed to take that picture of you?

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Gamati fotografia aggouraki mou! Vsk pou einai oi arvules? Hsoun panta toso sexy h exw kairo na se dw? kouklaki eisai! ftou sou :*

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Ola kala...I foto me ton Ihsou na kanei sand-boarding omws krivei kapoio minima?

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. So...the picture was taken by another intern from China!

    LadyMed, panta toso sexy imoun...

    Sterg...i fotografia iparxei gia na deiksei ton eksixronismo tis thriskeias se antithesi me to pouritanistiko kathestos pou exei efarmosei isimerini koinonia. Episis to tmima marketing leei pos "Jesus is awesome!!!".

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή